Wedding Ring Stretcher, Durston with Ring Bender
A high quality, British made ring stretcher & bender giving the jeweller and retailer the ability to re-size rings with ease. The same as tool R42923 but with additional ring bending capability
- A 6 spline mandrel
- 16 polished and countersunk polished steel dies
- Will reduce bands up to 12mm wide
- High finished reversible reducer plate
- Will bend rings up to 4mm thick
- Bending and shaping of half round, flat, oval and engraved shank material into circular rings
- Two matching bending hardened and precision ground dies are supplied
- It is effective on hard alloy metals
- Specially designed gear reduction means effortless forming
- Heavy duty cast iron construction with hardened steel shaft
How to use reducer plate:
The reducer plate is a very handy feature incorporated with this stretcher. The use of the press with plate compress a ring shank to a smaller size. Notice on the reducer plate there is a selection of tapered machine holes to suit different ring shank sizes.
To reduce your wedding band place your ring on the tapered hole so it sits in with it half in and out.
Move the reducer plate so it meets the top of the planishing drop die (the circular plate that moves down towards the reduction plate when handle is pulled down). Pull handle down so it pushes the ring into the taper. This is slightly compressing the shank thus making it smaller. Repeat this process moving the ring round to keep the sizing even and regular in space.
Please note: Additional finishing will be required. It is not advisable to reduce patterned wedding bands as they can be easily marked. (see code R2817 for ring stretcher reducer for pattern wedding rings seizer tool from Bergeon Switzerland)
- Made in Great Britain
- Size: 390 x 180 x 150mm
- Weight: 10Kg
- Durston 1302