Gem Ring Stretcher, Italian
The idea of this tool is that it will compress the metal of your ring shank for gemstone rings thus expanding the size of the ring.
How to use…
1. The base has to firstly be secured to your work surface by screwing it down with long screws or nuts and bolts on to a work surface (not supplied).
2. The unit has a selection of half round and “V” shaped dies.
3. Depending on the shape, size and thickness of the shank you want to stretch. Choose a die that fits in with little movement against the rig shank.
4. To fit this die into the unit, pull out the holding pin on the top of the stretcher. You will find the die and gear nearest to the open/closing handle can be removed.
5. Place your selected die on top of the gear and fit back into the stretcher locking it with the holding pin.
6. Place the ring between the two rollers and turn handle clockwise. The rollers will start meeting both sides of the ring. Once both rollers are touching the ring shank securely hold handle and move left to right 45 °.
7. Perform in smooth actions about 3 to 4 times.
8. Take the ring off and measure size, if still too small repeat the process with another dies that fits.
9. The more you turn handle to close die and tighten on the ring and swing left to right determines how much the ring shank is being compressed. (hence ring size increasing).
- 16 dies in a plastic storage box
- Steel construction
- Sizes stretching capacity H to Z + 6
- Overall 210mm x 120mm x 125mm
- Weight 2400 grams
- O.M.O Italy
See Website PDF for diagram of replacement parts available