Rust Removing Fluid
- Removes surface rust from mild steel and iron products
- Restore and renovate old neglected pieces
- clean up steel watch parts
- From old to a new look finish
- Bring back the new look on antique iron furniture fittings
- Also door handles & knockers, iron ornaments and sculptures etc.
How to use:
Wipe the surface free from grease and remove rust with a steel brush (B9695), scraper (S33507) or steel wire wool (W33157).
Old or flaking paint which may be hiding rust should be removed with paint and varnish stripper. Apply rust remover liberally with a brush and leave until the rust has been dissolved or until dry. (A colour change from brown to grey will normally occur).
If the layer of rust is thick a second application may be required. Small items may be dipped. Before re-painting wipe the surface with methylated sprits and then clean with water.
The surface can then be polished with mops and abrasives and prevented from tarnishing by using Horolaq (L0896). See our full listings on these products by linking on below.