Commercial Level (Up to 18 Litre Capacity)
"Rota Barrels" are heavy duty burnishing & barrelling machines for de burring, grinding, and polishing metal.Buy a complete unit or build your own to your required specification using the frames and barrels available. Cousins gives you the chance to make the choice best for you!Stage 1Deburring – produces a matt surface, removes marks, scratches and surface defects and can also be used to remove sharp edges.Stage 2Polishing – produces a semi bright finish on many metals reduces work on polishing wheels and does not damage delicate items. In barrelling, the pieces and polishing media mix as the barrel drum rotates; the de burring or polishing action is due to the surfaces of the article and media sliding over each other under the pressure exerted by the mass of the media. Modern barrelling processes involve the use of barrelling compound (C4365) which is mixed with water together with media. It prevents the media from glazing and also keeps the components and tumbling media in good condition.Barrelling Media:For effective barrel burnishing it is essential that suitable media be used and that these be maintained in good condition. For the majority of barrel burnishing, balls are employed in conjunction with special shapes to ensure effective burnishing of the surface of components.Directions for Use:1. Load compartments with approximately the required amount of Green Cones (B4903).2. Add cold water until the barrel is half full of water.3. Add right amount of cutting powder plus
- Six sided barrel bodies for perfect results, polypropylene made with a 10 year guarantee
- New power transmission system, continuously rated
- Quick release lid
- Choice of barrel configurations, choose between 3 and 6 litre capacities or a mix of sizes.
- Sizes of Rota barrels to suit all your needs 6, 12 and 18 litre capacity.
- Available in variable speed which is a handy feature as small fine components can be finished without risk of damage on low speed. And larger pieces can be burnish polished by fastening speed quicker turning round your work.
- To give you an idea how much work can be done at one time, every 1ltr for the barrelling process will do up to 10 rings. So a 6ltr Rota Barrel will approximately burnish/polish 60 rings.
- Frames & barrels available separately, either to supplement your existing machine, keep as spares to build an entirely new machine specific to your requirement
- Every one litre in your barrel body will take 250g of green cones (B4903);
- Use 5g of PB Cutting Powder (C4904) per litre of water. For added potency add five more grams of PB cutting powder to ensure more abrasive removal of metal;
- Use 5g of barrelling powder to one litre of water (C4365);
- The efficiency of the barrel is dependent on the ratio of volume of work to the weight
- Every one litre barrel body size will take 1KG of steel media shot and shapes (S35424).
- Use 50g of barrelling powder to one litre of water. (C4365)