Brass Wheels (Metal cleaning / texturing)
- Are very popular for Jewellers, Silversmiths, Clock Makers/Repairers, Light Engineers, Model Makers and for arts and crafts
- Brass brushes are recommended for soft metals such as gold, silver, brass and bronze
- Very economical and efficient method for batch work
- Chains can be cleaned safely, easily for getting into awkward areas
- Perfect for antique silverware and medal renovation
- Size given is the outer diameter
Cousins Brass Wheels' wires are made from 100% brass. They are very popular and used to clean up or for texturing various types of metals.
The fine grade of wire gives a smooth shiny finish.
When using these fine brass wire brushes you should use soap or a detergent with water as a lubricant otherwise a dull layer of brass will be deposited on your metal particularly on silver.
The bristles of the wheel can penetrate deep recesses still giving an equal finish to a flat
surface, without disrupting the shape of the piece; producing a brilliant finish with very little effort.
Brass brushes will not damage your pieces.
Cousins supply a perfect Scratch Brush machine, (S8597) to use with these brushes.