Alcohol Lamp & Wick
An alcohol lamp consists of a small glass jar with a wick which goes through the lid of the jar. It can also be used in place of a Bunsen burner for gentle heating of something in a workshop/laboratory.
The glass jar is filled with alcohol/methylated sprit which is flammable. A wick dipped in the alcohol draws alcohol up through the lid, where it burns, like a candle. It can be used for heating at low temperatures.
- It’s a useful tool when working with modelling wax, heating it & then shaping with your wax tools
- Harden your graver tips by heating towards the cutting edge
- Ideal for softening shellac when setting palate stones and impulse pins
- Can be used for blueing screws by holding over the heat in a pan and tempering steel
- Multi angled glass body designed for positioning in various angles
- Will ideally hold approx. 90ml of methylated sprits which allows you to tilt the jar into any position without spillage
Size: 120 x 70mm