Alcohol Lamp, Traditional
This alcohol lamp consists of a metal container with a wick (supplied separately) which goes through the spout. It can also be used in place of a Bunsen burner for gentle heating of something in a workshop/laboratory.
The lamp is filled with alcohol/methylated spirit which is flammable. A wick dipped in the alcohol draws alcohol up through the lid, where it burns, like a candle. It can be used for heating at low temperatures.
- Oil lamp style
- It’s a useful tool when working with modelling wax, heating it & then shaping with your wax tools
- Harden your graver tips by heating towards the cutting edge
- Ideal for softening shellac when setting palate stones and impulse pins
- Can be used for blueing screws by holding over the heat in a pan and tempering steel
- Multi angled glass body designed for positioning in various angles
- Will ideally hold approx. 90ml of methylated spirits which allows you to tilt the jar into any position without spillage
- Wick available separately, our code W1852
- 185 x 50 x 47mm
- Wick length 200mm