Aluminium Oxide, including Mounted
Some uses for aluminium oxide wheels:
- Commonly used for light cleaning and rust removing work
- Obtaining a matt finish rings, bracelets, pendants, bangles and brooches
- Give contrasting effects on all surfaces, particularly watch graining, to create a matt finish to restore your old watch.
- Very good for the clock repairer and restorer to clean up oxidisation/rust; fast effective way to remove old lacquer from aged clocks
- Using the 'fine' and 'very fine' grades gives you an effect similar to a frosted car windscreen
Ever wondered how they do the finish on gothic Celtic jewellery and models?
- Aluminium oxide wheels are used to create an antique finish using ageing ammonium hydrosulphide chemical, our code C6263, or metal ageing chemical CC60, our code C6264
- When you have blackened the item, use an aluminium oxide wheel to take off the silver ageing ammonium hydrosulphide chemical
- The areas the wheel can not reach will leave an aged effect on the piece
- In a time where antique jewellery is becoming more popular, this is a quick and easy way to obtain this look in a economical way