Mitre / Jewellers Jig, 45° & 90°J52840
- Bergeon 6499
After using this tool it will be your favourite you will ever have purchased
- File/cut perfect 45° & 90° angles in sheet, wire & tubes
- For metal sheets, wire and tubes etc.
- Such a handy little tool that allows you to fairly easily create true angles on the edges or faces of work pieces.
- With a perfect angle you will get a strong solder joint, your piece will have the look of profession workmanship
- Notice on the side at the bottom of the jig two hex grub screws and two holes at the bottom of the jig. Slide a piece of metal rod with a “L” bend through this hole and lock. This technique can be used as a measuring jig in order to have your pieces the same consistent size (“L” bar/Hex key size not supplied)
- Made from hardened steel
- Weight: 200g
How to use:
1. The knurled knobs on the top screw up and down to loosen or tighten the jig.
2. Open the knobs until the piece you’re working on slots into the opening you need, then tighten them enough to hold the piece.
3. The jig has a grooved area in it for holding wire or tube perpendicular to the depth of the jig, or for flat pieces you can put up against the straight tab for the same effect.
4. Place on your bench peg or vice depending if you’re cutting or filing your mitre vice jig and with ease take away the unwanted part of your design