Steel Burrs, Maillefer & Busch
Finest Quality, in hardened alloy steel for reliability, long life and accuracy. Satisfaction guaranteed. Shaft size is a standard diameter of 2.35mm (3/32").
- Some of the popular style stone steel burr shapes are used for setting
- We stock a wide variety of sizes and shapes which cater for all your stone settings needs
- See the associated links for an excellent choice of practical stone setting books and equipment. We also recommend if you have not stone set before attend a course
- Various courses are available around the country at various colleges and universities. Remember practice is essential to become a quality stone setter
- Burrs are also popular for use when engraving, texturing and grinding.
- We have put some popular styles of setting/working practices when they use Cousins Material House steel burrs.
Ball Burrs: the most popular steel burrs used in jewellery stone setting, with its all round shape
Bearing Cutter 90° Burrs: the angle of this burr reflects the popular cut diamonds' right angle
Bud tapered burrs: very popular for forming channel setting grooves, particularly on wedding rings.
Concave Cutter Cup Burrs: to round off end points of various sizes of metal, for example on a claw set ring.
Flame burrs: very useful to open out casting flash (a slight film of metal over a whole/crevice).
Knife Edge Cutting Burr: perfectly textures deep grooves on jewellery.